What? Vegan egg omelet? Is that possible? Yes it is and it’s filled with all round goodness without any eggs.
6 Ounces Extra Firm Tofu
1 Tablespoon Unflavored Organic Soymilk
1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
1 Tablespoon Potato Starch
1 Teaspoon Organic Tahini
1/8 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Turmeric
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Chipotle Pepper Powder
1 Fresh Green Onion (chopped)
10 Fresh Spinach Leaves
5 Medium Size White Mushrooms (slivered thin)
You Will Also Need:
– 1 High Speed Blender
– 1 Medium Size Non-Stick Skillet with Cover
– 1 Olive Oil Spray
– 1 Metal Spatula
– 1 Serving Plate
1. Throw in all the omelet ingredients into a blender and blend to a smooth batter mixture.
2. Coat a skillet with olive oil spray and heat it at medium-high temperature.
3. When the oil is very hot, pour the batter into the center of the skillet.
4. Using a metal spatula, spread out and smooth the batter to roughly 8 inches in diameter.
5. Ensuring that all the filling ingredients are completely dry, arrange them on top of the omelet and lower the heat to medium-low.
6. Cover the skillet and continue cooking for about 4 minutes or until its edges and center have dried.
7. sing the spatula, lift up an edge to verify that the omelet is solid and that it is spotted golden brown.
8. Using the spatula, loosen it within the skillet and fold it in half over its filling.
9. Continue cooking for another minute and then slide it onto a serving plate.
10. Enjoy your omelet but if you want to share your breakfast with others, prepare a separate omelet for each person.