This is the perfect dish for you to make after your daily work out. It is perfect to make whenever you are craving authentic Mexican cuisine.
Makes: 8 servings
Total Prep Time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 2 avocados
- 1, 15 ounce can of black beans, drained
- 1 ½ cups of corn
- 4 to 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin
- 8 tortillas
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of white flour
- 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. of ground cumin
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. of powdered garlic
- ¼ tsp. of powdered onion
- ¼ tsp. of powdered chili
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa under the running water and prepare according to the directions on the package.
- Prepare the sauce. In a bowl, add in the white flour, ground cumin, smoked paprika, powdered garlic, powdered onions, powdered chili, salt and black pepper. Stir well to mix.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, add in the oil. Add in the tomato paste and flour mixture. Whisk to mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the vegetable broth and allow to come to a boil. Lower the heat to low and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick in consistency. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, add in the can of black beans, corn, sliced green onions, teaspoon of ground cumin, prepared quinoa and avocado. Toss well to mix.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish using a cooking spray. Add in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the black bean mixture over each tortilla. Roll tightly and place into the baking dish that has the seam side facing down. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas.
Place into the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
Remove and cool for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with sliced green onions.