Believe me! The three little bears had never tasted porridge that is nearly this good.
2 Cups Raw Buckwheat Grouts
4 Cups Tap Water
1 1/2 Cups Vanilla Flavored Soy or Almond Milk
2 Teaspoons Chia Seeds
4 Tablespoon Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
1 Pinch Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (non-alcoholic)
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1/2 Cup Assorted Fresh Fruits (chopped)
1/4 Cup Raisins
1/4 Cup Assorted Raw Nuts (chopped)
You Will Also Need:
– 2 Medium Size Mixing Bowl
– 1 Medium Size Sieve
– 1 Food Processor
– 1 Rubber Spatula
– 4 1-Cup Serving Dishes
– 1 Wooden Spoon
1. Pour the raw buckwheat grouts into a medium size mixing bowl, add the water and set aside to soak overnight.
2. Drain the water from the grouts and rinse themn thoroughly with running tap water.
3. Transfer the grouts into a food processor.
4. Add the milk, chia seeds and vanilla extract, and blend until the mixture becomes semi smooth.
5. Add the sweetener, salt and the cinnamon and continue blending for a few more seconds.
6. Using a rubber spatula, scoop the mixture into four 1-cup serving dishes.
7. Throw all the topping ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
8. Portion out the topping mixture evenly over the porridge that’s in the four dishes and serve .