Cilantro-Lime Honey Garlic Shrimp, cooked in the skillet on stove-top - easy, healthy, gluten free seafood dinner. Low fat, low carb and low cholesterol recipe. And, it takes only 30 minutes to make this honey garlic shrimp from start to finish!
If you're looking for an alternative to shrimp scampi, you came to the right page! This is a very flavorful shrimp recipe, combining honey, freshly squeezed lime juice, garlic, and cilantro. The sauce provides just the right flavor!
Very easy to make: just cook raw shrimp in a large skillet, combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and add to the skillet to coat the shrimp to coat and for the sauce to thicken just a bit. That's it!
- Use freshly minced garlic for honey garlic sauce.
- Do not use pre-cooked shrimp. Use large raw shrimp.
- Do not overcook the shrimp. How not to overcook it? Cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flesh turns pink and there are no more grey spots. Do not overcrowd the shrimp: use a large skillet and cook in several batches, if needed.
- Serve shrimp immediately, so plan accordingly and have the rest of your dinner ready before you start cooking the shrimp. This ensures that you don't have to reheat the shrimp and overcook it by doing so.
- Use fresh cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice. Do not use bottled lime juice.
More shrimp recipes
If you liked this cilantro lime honey garlic shrimp as much as I did, here are my other favorite shrimp recipes, where shrimp is the star. All the recipes below are just shrimp and the sauce (no pasta, no rice to distract you):
- Pesto Shrimp with Mushrooms - basil pesto sauce with mushrooms together with shrimp creates an amazing Mediterranean style dinner!
- Honey Mustard Garlic Shrimp - honey garlic sauce with the addition of mustard is used in this shrimp recipe.
- Spicy Cajun Shrimp - easy homemade Cajun sauce.
Other recipes with honey garlic sauce
Honey garlic sauce goes well not only with cilantro lime shrimp but also with other kinds of seafood and other kinds of meat, too:
- Cilantro Lime Honey Garlic Salmon
- Garlic Lime Salmon with Honey-Lime Pineapple Salsa
- Pan-Fried Pork Chops with Honey Lime Glaze
Cilantro-Lime Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb shrimp (20-25 count, uncooked, deveined, peeled, tails-on)
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter. Add shrimp and minced garlic and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally turning shrimp over, until shrimp is cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice, soy sauce, and chopped cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Add the mixture to the skillet with shrimp. Bring to high heat, coat the shrimp with the mixture, and cook for about 1-2 minutes until the sauce reduces just a touch. Remove from heat. Let it stand for sauce to thicken.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.