Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 pound sausage
1 large sweet potato ; diced
2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 green onion, diced
10 large eggs
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to around 375 degrees. Grease a glass baking dish (9×13).
1. Undo sausage from casing and prepare vegetables for sautéing.
2. Cook sausage thoroughly in a skillet and remove; set aside sausage grease.
3. Cook diced sweet potatoes in sausage grease (about 15 minutes) or until tender; remove
4. Mix the cooked sweet potatoes, green onions, baby spinach and sausage in a bowl.
5. Spread the mixture evenly on the bottom of the glass dish.
6. Whisk all the eggs in a large bowl and pour evenly over the sausage and veggie mixture.
7. Place thinly sliced tomatoes on top of mixture.
7. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes.
Be careful handling the baking dish when it is done. Serve as is or cut the casserole in serving squares.