There is nothing like a breakfast of hot cereal to fortify you for the rest of the day and there is nothing like one which you’ve made in your very own kitchen.
Multi-Grain Cereal Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Amaranth
1/2 Cup Whole Barley
1/2 Cup Brown Rice
1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flakes
1/2 Cup Millet
1/2 Cup Oats
1/2 Cup Rye Flakes
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flakes
Hot Breakfast Cereal Ingredients:
1 Cup Filtered Water
1/3 Cup Multi-Grain Cereal
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
Hot Breakfast Cereal Topping Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Fresh Berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
1/2 Tablespoon Organic Turbinado Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Flax Seed Powder
You Will Also Need:
– 1 Large Size Skillet
– 1 Wooden Spoon
– 1 Food Processor
– 1 Large Size Freezer-Safe Airtight Container
– 1 Medium Size Saucepan
– 1 Medium Size Serving Dish
1. Combine the brown rice and whole barley in a large skillet.
2. While frequently stirring with a wooden spoon, set the skillet over medium heat and toast for about 10 minutes or until the mixture emits a savory odor.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and, while continually stirring, toast for another 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat source and allow the grain mixture to cool down.
5. Pour the grain mixture into a food processor and allow it to be crushed to a grainy consistency.
6. Pour the coarse mixture into a freezer-safe airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
7. When ready to prepare for your next breakfast, bring the water to a rapid boil in a medium size saucepan.
8. Stir in the multi-grain cereal and sea salt.
9. Bring to a second rapid boil for about 30 seconds while continually stirring.
10. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan and allow the cereal to simmer for about 10 more minutes.
11. Pour cereal into a serving dish and top it with one or more of the topping ingredients.
12. Serve while the cereal is still hot.