Italian Salad with Chicken, Spinach, Artichokes, Salami, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Red Onions - healthy and delicious! The salad dressing is made with olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and minced garlic. I use 1 chicken breast for this recipe, but feel free to use more chicken if you plan to serve this Italian salad as a main dish.
Recently I purchased a jar of roasted artichoke hearts at Whole Foods. They were so delicious, I immediately had an idea to use them in an Italian salad with other veggies and seared chicken. I was not mistaken. Roasted artichokes, spinach, chopped sun-dried tomatoes go so well in this Mediterranean style salad. Seared chicken and salami just complete the picture.
I seared the chicken on the stove top, but you can also use grilled chicken.
These are all the ingredients of this Italian salad before I mixed them altogether.
Make sure to chop sun-dried tomatoes - you can do it in the food processor. Or, purchase julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes, in which case you don't have to chop them up.
Italian Salad with Chicken, Spinach, Artichokes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- salt and black pepper
- 6 oz spinach
- ¼ red onion , chopped
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts roasted, drained, chopped
- 1 cup salami , chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil , chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Sear the chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper, on medium-high heat about 4-5 minutes on each side, until the chicken is golden color on the outside and is cooked through, and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. Slice thickly.
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well-blended.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with salad and mix. Arrange sliced and cooked chicken over salad.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.