This is a delicious quinoa dish you can make whenever you are craving something packed with an authentic Mexican flavor.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Prep Time: 35 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1, 15 ounce can of black beans, drained
- 1, 14.5 ounce can of the fire roasted tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1 tsp. of powdered chili
- ½ tsp. of ground cumin
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- 1 avocado, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 Tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in the oil. Add in the minced garlic and minced pepper. Stir well to mix. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the quinoa, vegetable broth, can of black beans, corn kernels, powdered chili and ground cumin. Stir well to mix. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- Allow to come to a boil. Lower the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add in the chopped avocado, fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Stir well until incorporated.
- Remove and serve immediately.