Orange Rosemary-Thyme Garlic Baked Salmon - healthy, easy, gluten free dinner recipe. Perfect for seafood lovers!
Orange Rosemary-Thyme Garlic Salmon baked in foil - one of the best and easy ways to cook salmon (for me). All the juices are contained within the foil, the salmon comes out nice and moist, without drying out.
Easy recipe, only 30 minutes from start to finish. This recipe is for 1.5 lb of salmon (about 2 or 3 salmon fillets). Place each salmon fillet on a separate large piece of foil, sprinkle with salt:
Add all the good stuff:
Fold the sides of each foil to create loose foil pockets with salmon inside each pocket (to allow for air to circulate). Bake at 400 F in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes - and your salmon is ready!
Orange Rosemary-Thyme Baked Salmon
- 1.5 lb salmon (about 3 salmon fillets)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons thyme fresh, stems removed, chopped (or use 1 tablespoon dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary fresh, stems removed, chopped (or use 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1 orange , sliced
- thyme sprigs optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Pat dry salmon. Brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil from all sides. Season with salt. Place each salmon fillet on a large piece of foil (separate foil for each salmon fillet).
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice, chopped garlic, chopped thyme and chopped rosemary. Mix to combine.
- Spread this mixture over the salmon.
- Then, top each salmon fillet with an orange slice. Top with thyme sprigs (optional).
- Fold all sides of each foil to create loose foil packets (leaving room for air to circulate inside the packet) with salmon fillet inside each packet.
- Place foil packets on the rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Carefully remove salmon from foil, separating the salmon from the skin which will remain stuck to the foil. Place the salmon onto a serving plate. Carefully scoop the sauce remaining in the foil packet and pour over the salmon.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.