This is a healthy and nutritious snack that you can make any time of the day. Made with a drizzle of
white chocolate over the top, this dish is absolutely irresistible.
Makes: 18 servings
Total Prep Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
• ¼ cup of vegetable oil
• ¼ cup of honey
• 1/3 cup of chunky peanut butter
• 1 cup of rice and wheat cereal flakes
• 1/8 tsp. of apple pie spice
• 1 cup of bran flakes
• 1/3 cup of apples, dried
• 2 Tbsp. of peanuts, chopped
• 2 ounces of unsweetened white baking chocolate, chopped
• ¼ tsp. of shortening
1. In a saucepan set over medium to high heat, add in the chunky peanut butter, vegetable oil spread and honey. Stir well to mix. Allow to come to a boil. Remove immediately from heat.
2. Add in the rice and wheat cereal flakes, crushed bran flakes, dried apples, chopped peanuts and apple pie spice. Stir well to mix. Transfer this mix into a bowl.
3. Cover and place into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
4. Shape the mix into 1 inch sized balls and place onto a baking sheet lined with a sheet of parchment paper. Place into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes or until firm.
5. In a saucepan set over low heat, add in the white chocolate and shortening. Stir well to mix. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Remove from heat.
6. Drizzle the chocolate over the balls.
7. Cover and set into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes before serving.