Very closely resembling scrambled eggs, this veggie tofu scramble makes a perfect breakfast, especially when served with potatoes or brown rice. It is also terrific as a breakfast sandwich rolled in a whole wheat tortilla, stuffed inside a whole wheat pita bread pocket or piled on top of a whole wheat toast.
1 Small Size Organic White Onions
1/2 Medium Size Organic Green Bell Peppers
1 Cup Cubed or Chopped Fresh Veggies (celery, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, red cabbage, corn kernels, mushrooms, green beans, zucchini)
1 Tablespoon Filtered Water
1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
8 Ounces Firm Tofu
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
You Will Also Need:
– 1 Cutting Board
– 1 Sharp Knife
– 1 Medium Size Skillet with Cover
– 1 Metal Fork
– 1 Potato Masher
1. Peel and chop the onion.
2. Core and dice the green pepper.
3. Cube or dice the fresh veggies.
4. Drop all the vegetables, water and soy sauce into a skillet and set over medium heat.
5. When it begins to sizzle, reduce the heat to low.
6. Cover the skillet and, stirring occasionally, cook for about 12 minutes or until all the veggies are tender when pierced with a fork.
7. Add the tofu to the vegetables in the skillet and, using a potato masher, crush it into course lumps.
8. Sprinkle the turmeric powder over the entire scramble and combine thoroughly.
9. Raise the heat to medium and stirring while cooking until the tofu heats up sufficiently.
10. Remove from the heat source, season with the salt and pepper.
11. Serve yourself and a loved one.