If you love the taste of classic fettucine alfredo, then this is one dish I know you are going to rave about. Best of all, you don’t have to feel guilty about enjoying it.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Prep Time: 40 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and cut into strips
- 8 ounces of fettuccine pasta, fully cooked
- 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. of white flour
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of plain kefir
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- Basil, cut into ribbons and for garnish
- Prepare the fettuccine according to the directions on the package. Once prepared, set the pasta aside.
- In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in the oil. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the white flour and stir well until just mixed.
- Add in the chicken broth and whisk until smooth in consistency. Cook for 2 minutes and allow to come to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add in the grated parmesan cheese. Stir for 1 minute or until melted.
- Add in the kefir. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Whisk until evenly mixed.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss until coated. Transfer onto serving plates.
- Top off with the grilled chicken strips. Serve with a garnish of basil.