This is a delicious cake dish that you can make for those picky eaters in your household. This raisin studded cake is surprisingly nutritious so you can feed it to your family without feeling any guilt.
Makes: 12 servings
Total Prep Time: 1 hour
• 2 cups of white flour
• 1 tsp. of baker’s style baking powder
• 1 tsp. of baker’s style baking soda
• ½ tsp. of powdered cinnamon
• ½ tsp. of powdered nutmeg
• ½ tsp. of salt
• 1 ½ cups of unsweetened applesauce
• 2 eggs, beaten
• ¾ cup of light brown sugar substitute
• 1 tsp. of pure vanilla
• ½ cup of raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, add in the white flour, powdered cinnamon, powdered nutmeg, dash of salt, baking powder and soda. Stir well to mix and set this mix aside.
3. Add in the beaten eggs and brown sugar substitute. Add in the unsweetened applesauce and pure vanilla. Beat well to incorporate.
4. Add in the raisins. Fold gently until smooth in consistency.
5. Pour into the loaf pan.
6. Place into the oven to bake for 1 hour or until baked through.
7. Remove and rest for 5 minutes before serving.