These brownies are just what every diabetic needs whenever they have a particularly strong sweet tooth. No sugar added, diabetics don’t have to worry about blood sugar levels spiking.
Makes: 25 servings
Total Prep Time: 45 minutes
• ½ cup of margarine
• ¼ cup of unsweetened powdered cocoa
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup of sweetener
• ¾ cup of white flour
• 1/8 tsp. of salt
• ¼ cup of no fat milk
• ½ cup of walnuts, chopped and optional
• 1, 1.4 ounce pack of sugar free chocolate pudding
• 1 cup of no fat milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish with baking spray. Dust with a touch of white flour.
2. In a saucepan set over medium to high heat, add in the margarine and powdered cocoa. Stir well until smooth in consistency. Remove from heat and set aside immediately to cool.
3. In a bowl, add in the beaten eggs. Add in the sweetener, white flour, salt and cocoa mix. Whisk well until mixed. Add in ¼ cup of the no fat milk and whisk well until incorporated. Add in the walnuts if using them and fold gently to incorporated.
4. Pour into the baking dish.
5. Place into the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until baked through. Remove and set aside to cool.
6. In a bowl, add in the chocolate pudding mix and 1 cup of milk. Beat with a mixer until thick in consistency.
7. Spread the frosting over the brownies. Set aside to rest for 15 minutes before serving.