Make this delicious chicken dish whenever you are craving authentic Thai cuisine. It is so delicious, I know you will swear it is better than any takeout.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 tsp. of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. of dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. of fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. of light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. of water
Ingredients for the stir fry:
- 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ of a yellow onion, cut into quarters
- 4 dried red chiles, cut into halves
- ½ cup of roasted cashews
- 8 ounces of chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut into small pieces
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Prepare the sauce. In a bowl, add in all of the ingredients for the sauce. Whisk until evenly mixed and set aside.
- In a wok set over the medium to high heat, add in the vegetable oil. Add in the cashews and cook for about 3 minutes or until toasted. Remove and then set aside.
- Add the garlic, chopped onion and red chiles into the wok. Stir well to mix. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the chicken and continually cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add in the cashews and toss to mix.
- Pour the sauce into the wok and toss well to coat.
- Remove from heat. Add in the chopped scallions. Toss well to mix. Serve immediately.