These vegan buttermilk waffles are better tasting than dairy buttermilk waffles and they are a whole lot more beneficial to your health.
Wet Waffle Ingredients:
2 Cups Unflavored Organic Soy Milk
4 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
3 Tablespoons Filtered Water
Dry Waffle Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon Golden Flax Meal
5 Tablespoons Vegan Butter (melted)
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 Cup Whole Wheat All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Oat Bran
1/4 Cup Small to Medium Grind Cornmeal (toasted)
2 Tablespoons Organic Raw Cane Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Cups Fresh Berries
1 Container Pure Maple Syrup
You Will Also Need:
– 1 Waffle Iron
– 1 Small Size Mixing Bowl
– 1 Medium Size Mixing Bowl
– 1 Large Size Mixing Bowl
– 1 Whisk
– 1 Large Size Skillet
– 1 Wooden Spoon
– 1 Can Canola Oil Spray
– 1 Large Size Ladle
– 1 Large Size Serving Platter
1. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. Pour the soy milk with the apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract into a medium size bowl and whisk thoroughly.
3. Pour the water and golden flax meal into a small bowl, whisk thoroughly and allow to rest for approximately ten minutes.
4. Pour the cornmeal into a large skillet.
5. Set over low heat and, while continually stirring with a wooden spoon, allow it to toast for about 10 minutes or until the cornmeal turns golden brown.
6. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
7. Add in the soy milk and flax meal mixtures as well as the melted vegan butter.
8. Using a wooden spoon, mix everything thoroughly.
9. Generously coat the hot waffle iron with the canola oil spray.
10. With the help of a ladle, scoop up the waffle batter and pour onto the waffle iron covering 3/4 of its surface.
11. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the waffles turn golden brown.
12. Transfer the waffles onto a serving platter.
13. Repeat #10, #11 and #12 until you’ve used up all the batter to form 6 delicious waffles.
14. Top the waffles with fresh berries and maple syrup and serve warm.