While this may not seem like a dish that will fill you up, once you get a bite of it, I know you will want to make it after every workout.
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Total Prep Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. of butter, soft
- 2 cups of mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. of dried thyme
- 1 tsp. of dried marjoram
- 1 tsp. of basil
- 1 tsp. of tarragon
- 1 tsp. of dried sage
- Red wine, as needed
- 2 cups of brown rice, fully cooked
- 2 cups of walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup of cashews, chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- ¾ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup of parsley and oregano, chopped and mixed together
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet set over medium heat, add in the tablespoon of butter and chopped onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add in the chopped mushrooms. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Stir well to mix and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped garlic, dried thyme, dried marjoram, basil, tarragon and dried sage. Toss well to mix. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in 1 to 2 tablespoons of the red wine. Deglaze the bottom of the skillet. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter. Line the bottom with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add in the cooked brown rice, chopped walnuts and chopped cashews. Stir well to mix.
- In a separate bowl, add in the beaten eggs and continue cheese. Whisk until smooth i
in consistency. Pour into the cooked rice. Add in the cooked mushroom mixture and stir well until evenly mixed.
- Add in the grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and chopped oregano. Stir well to incorporate.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan. Place into the oven to bake for 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove and cool for 10 minutes before serving.